Commercial Vehicle Operators Registration (CVOR)

Commercial Vehicle Operators Registration

Commercial vehicle operators in Ontario must always have a valid Commercial Vehicle Operator's Registration (CVOR) Certificate and carry a copy. The CVOR system is part of the Get or Renew a CVOR Certificate aimed at improving road safety for all Ontario road users.

Paramount Supply Chain Solutions can help you with:

Getting a CVOR Certificate:

  • Renewing a CVOR Certificate
  • Changing a CVOR Certificate
  • Commercial Vehicle Operator Products
  • Carrier Safety Rating Program

Operators that need a CVOR Certificate

Carriers that operate certain types of vehicles require a CVOR certificate and include commercial motor vehicles that are plated in Ontario, the U.S or Mexico.

These commercial motor vehicles include:

  • Trucks with a gross weight or registered gross weight of over 4,500 kg
  • Buses with a seating capacity of 10 or more passengers

Vehicles plated in other Canadian provinces or territories do not need a CVOR certificate. They require a Safety Fitness Certificate from the province or territory in which the vehicle was plated.

We can help you to register for CVOR. Contact us for more information.